News and Announcements
As the number of cases of COVID-19 increase in Nueces County, we want to remind you of the safety measures in place to keep our swimmers, parents, and coaches safe. Please do your part to help prevent the spread.
1) Swimmers will need to come ready to swim, locker rooms will NOT be open before, during, and after practice
2) Hall restrooms may be open, but will NOT allow changing. (No deck changing either)
3) Swimmers and parents will need to leave the facility promptly after practice ends
4) Everyone will still need to obey the social distancing rule of 6 feet at all times
5) Swimmers will need the usual equipment for practice – kickboard, buoy, goggles, fins
6) NO physical contact with coaches or other swimmers
7) Swimmers are asked to use a snorkel during practice. These can be purchased at Swimmin’ Stuff, located on Saratoga or you may purchase online. Swimmin’ Stuff gives a discount to CBA members and can help you get the right size.
8) Parents staying for practice should wear face masks and social distance from other parents
9) Stay home for 14 days if you, your swimmer, or any member of your family has any COVID-19 symptoms or has been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 symptoms/tested positive for COVID-19. COVID-19 symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
Please make sure your swimmer knows and understands the social distancing rules.
*These measures are subject to change for compliance with local city and county executive orders. Additional measures may be required to comply with USA Swimming guidelines.*
The CBA Summer practice registration is now open! Please visit the link to register: https://www.active.com/corpus-christi-tx/water-sports/swimming-registrations/cba-swim-training-summer-2020
Summer practice swimming is from June 1 – Sept. 6.
Our current practice times are (subject to change, check Facebook for updates):
Coach Barton’s Group
Monday 6:00 – 8:00 PM at the CC Natatorium
Tuesday 8:00 – 10:00 AM at the CC Natatorium
Wednesday 9 – 11 AM at Greenwood pool
Thursday 8:00 – 10:00 AM at the CC Natatorium
Friday 6:00 – 8:00 PM at the CC Natatorium
Coach Amanda’s Group
Monday 6:00 – 7:30 PM at the CC Natatorium
Tuesday 8:00 – 9:30 AM at the CC Natatorium
Wednesday 9 – 10:30 AM at Greenwood pool
Thursday 8:00 – 9:30 AM at the CC Natatorium
Friday 6:00 – 7:30 PM at the CC Natatorium
Join our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/groups/607362293043083/
Swim fees have been increased by $25/month per swimmer in order to cover the costs of monthly pool lane rentals. Thank you for your understanding!
Photo credit: Passion Loft https://pixels.com/featured/i-cant-i-have-swim-practice-passion-loft.html
So proud of these kids that participated in the New Year’s One Mile Swim Challenge! They all completed the one mile swim at the Natatorium! Way to go!